Web accessibility specialist
- 3+ years leading web accessibility initiative within a corporate ecommerce environment compliant to WCAG 2.0 Level AA
- Web site audits and reviews, training and research
User experience specialist
- 2 years leveraging user experience methodologies, including user research and user testing
- 2 years creating user experience deliverables, including information architecture, wireframes
Web designer and developer
- 10+ years hand coding HTML/XHTML/HTML5, CSS and creating visual web designs in Photoshop
- 8 years working with content management systems
- 4 years developing front-ends for ASP.NET & JSP applications
Internet marketing specialist
- 6 years creating HTML email campaigns
- 5 years search engine optimization within a web site design work-flow
- 3 years analyzing web analytics reports to track results, opportunities and performing A/B split testing to improve expected results
- 3 years experience social media marketing
Enterprise content and search specialist
- 5 years content presentation and delivery
- 3 years enterprise search operations and strategy
- Team winner Intranet Design Annual 2007 – Nielsen Norman Group
Web-industry evangelist and mentor
- Presents at conferences and meetups on web, accessibility, search and intranet best practices
- Organizer, Chicago Digital Accessibility & Inclusive Design Meetup
eCommerce Production Accessibility Specialist, Front-End Web Developer – United Airlines
May 2012 – Present, Chicago, IL
- Subject matter expert in digital accessibility in eCommerce
- Reviews and audits sites for accessibility compliance to WCAG 2.0 Level AA; provides guidance to remediate issues.
- Provides accessibility training to internal groups.
- Coordinate the accessibility efforts within the Digital Production group.
- Implement content updates and enhancements on United.com.
- Create rules for advertisements and apply associated campaigns.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of next-generation CMS templates and styles.
- Document system processes for reference, training and knowledge sharing.
- Consult with business stakeholders to create and implement effective online solutions to business problems.
Web Designer & Internet Marketing Specialist, Consultant
September 2004 – Present, Vernon Hills, IL
- Provide end-to-end web design and development services, delivering effective web presences, both static and content management-based websites, for small businesses, positively impacting their bottom line. Client listing found on online portfolio
- Perform user experience research, develop information architectures and create web page wireframes
- Improve search engine visibility via search engine optimization practices
- Design and implement HTML email campaigns to meet email marketing objectives
- Track usage, trends and conversions via web analytic software
- Manage social media marketing activities to produce leads and brand awareness
Front-end Web Developer, United Airlines, Contractor
June 2010 – April 2012, Chicago, IL
- Member of 15-person team responsible for the redesign of United’s MileagePlus booking engine, using HTML and CSS
- Assisted with rebranding of Continental.com; textual content using HTML and CSS
- Interfaced with Vignette content management system to display standards-based content
- Ensured pixel-perfect results and cross-browser compatibility, both visually and functionally
- Resolved defects in a timely manner leveraging Hewlett-Packard’s Quality Center.
- Provided guidance on standards, best practices and performance optimization.
Search Product Manager, JPMorgan Chase
September 2005 – December 2007, Chicago, IL
- Responsible for the strategy and tactical operations of enterprise search products
- Managed Google Enterprise Search appliance implementation, operation and customization
- Managed enterprise online employee directory application, including implementing mobile version
- Managed and provided training for targeted email application used by non-technical internal audience
- Managed projects to enhance usability and productivity gains
- Implemented web analytics to report of product return of investment (ROI)
- Consulted on search best practices to improve organic search relevancy
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Standards-based web design
Micro site design
Landing page design
Content management systems (CMS)
User experience methodologies
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Email marketing campaigns
Social media marketing
HTML / XHTML / HTML5
CSS / CSS3
References upon request